As a teacher you may feel limited to the teachers at your school site and the time you have during the school day to collaborate and learn from each other. As an administrator, most often, you have no one. So you give up? What would we want our students to do? Problem solve? Reach out? Find other ways? Of course!
In the few months that I have had an account, I have gained more that I ever thought possible:
* I have people to problem solve with and offer different perspectives beyond that of those in my school district.
* I have a forum to share ideas, ask questions, and learn from others across the country.
* I've connected with people who inspire me and challenge my thinking.
* I've found people who help motivate and encourage me.
* I have a chance to learn and grow daily!
With today's technology, there is no excuse to not be connected and collaborating with others. It's quick, it's easy, it fits into my schedule.
Whether it's Voxer or another pathway, take a risk and get connected. Instead of limiting yourself to the teachers at your school, why not open up and collaborate with the entire grade level district wide? Schools across the county? Why limit yourself to the administrators in your district? Making connections and collaborating with others will not only affect your life but it will impact the lives of the students at your school.
Thank you to all who continue to support me, inspire me, and help me grow. I can't imagine doing this without you!